The Pompetamine commuter is almost complete!
The only things left to do is cut the steerer tube and install brake rotors after they arrive.
As you can see, I’ve installed the fenders, brake cables, shifter cable, seat, front brake calipers, pedals, and last but not least, built the wheels. The front fender was a little awkward to attach on the brake calipers side but it works.
The wheel builds went surprisingly well. I used the Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance book for guidance. The instructions in the book were very well done with the exception of the 2 cross lacing instructions which contained some errors. As suggested, I used a 2 cross pattern for the rear wheel due to the size of the hub. In retrospect I think I should have used a 3 cross pattern. Time will tell if the 2 cross pattern is strong enough, especially with my 190 pound weight.
Here are the wheel build specs.
[table id=2 /]
I would have used some black spokes if they didn’t cost twice as much and I was more confident in my wheel building skills.
I can’t wait to get it on the road. I think I may get some studded winter tires and do a bit of riding this winter seeing as it has the internal hub and all.