Just a quick update on the Pompetamine build.
I went down to our local community bicycle shop, BikeWorks to install the headset and crown race. Everything went fairly smooth with only a couple of minor hiccups. The top of the head tube is every so slightly out of round so it was a bit challenging to get the headset to press in straight. The other minor problem I met was that I picked the wrong adapter for the crown race installation tool. After trying to set the crown race it jammed inside the adapter. After a few taps with the hammer the adapter fell off. I selected a different adapter then all was good.
So as you can see i’ve installed the Alfine crank, shifter, as well as Avid brake leavers and one of the BB7 calipers.
Next week I will attempt to build the wheels. I expect that being a challenge since it will be my first time.
See part 3 here.